Monday, October 06, 2008

First day at work.

Not a full 12 hours this time, got in at 9 and left around 20, but I'm confident that I can improve upon this tomorrow. Or not. The place seems nice, but most of the day was spent waiting for and setting up my box rather than actually working. Tomorrow, however, everything will be ready so I can probably get some real work done.

I didn't snap many pictures today as I forgot the memory card and it was raining outside. However I did get this immensely exciting one from the bathroom illustrating a phenomenon I've encountered at several restrooms in Japan:


From BackPropagation



Actually, many places don't have any machine or paper towels at all. So while you are apparently expected to wash your hands, drying them is a luxury.

I'm extremely tired at the moment, woke up at 6 today, and have not quite shaken of the jetlag haze yet. Hence this fascinating post. So why don't I go to bed? Due to the extremely inconvenient time differences I have to stay up for one more hour to catch P on skype after work.

Stay tuned for more exciting adventures of the henna gaijin...

No comments: